So how is 2021 looking this week? Let’s begin by comparing things to a year ago.
- Total album sales, -29.5%
- CD sales, -51.2%
- Digital albums, -20.6%
- Digital tracks, -26.4%
- Vinyl LPs, +18.5% (a nice recovery so far!)
- On-demand audio streams, +9.1%
Now the week-over-week comparisons.
- Total albums sales, -1.0%
- CD sales, +1.4%
- Digital albums, -9.2%
- Digital tracks, +0.3%
- Vinyl LPs, +19.6%
- On-demand audio streams, +1.2% (1.774 billion streams in the country last week.)
All figures courtesy MRC/Nielsen.