So we’re getting the band back together. After a brief hiatus (and much, much public pressure), Michael Hainsworth and I will return with all new shows of Geeks & Beats is coming back on July 5.
Season 5 of the big show will see some changes:
- We’re going t0 reduce the show from 42 minutes to 30 for a more commuter audience and to save Michael’s sanity in the editing room. Emerging best practices say that this is the sweet spot for the length of a podcast.
- Regular interviews with interesting guests. Sting has been booked (but will probably end up getting bumped. Again.)
- More giveaways of cool gadgets for patrons (See below)
- A new Executive Producer, Vanessa Azzoli, who will help us keep our heads on straight and manage all the little bits that go into the big show (She has no idea what she’s in for.)
However, some things will stay the same:
- I will be on Team Star Trek. Michael will stubbornly stick to Team Star Wars.
- Michael is still not a sports fan and proud of it. I, on the other hand, have no idea how the stock market works.
- I will pratter on endlessly about how good my Geeks & Beats travel mug is.
- The hosts will be drinking during the show. That’s always fun. At least for the hosts, anyway.
All the big contributors at G&B dotcom (www.geeksandbeats.com – we didn’t let the domain expire despite heavy bidding by would-be competitors) over the last four years are unpacking their things into the old offices as we speak.
Can we count on your support? Join The World’s Worst Intern Program for $1 or for $25 be a big shot and get a genuine co-producer credit on the show! Or buy some of our sweet, sweet show swag! The cash we make gets plowed back into making the show bigger and better.
We can’t wait to be back and speaking with you all. See you July 5.