A new Netflix Original series for children is premiering on August 3 that features the music of the Beatles. Beat Bugs, an animated show, includes covers of Beatles’ songs by celebrated musicians. Seven more musicians than originally announced have signed to participate in the show, and the series has also been renewed for a second season which will premiere on November 18.
Newly added musicians joining the already outstanding lineup for season one include soul artist Aloe Blacc, Robbie Williams, Frances, and the Lumineers. Season two welcomes Rod Stewart, Tori Kelly, and Jennifer Hudson.
The first full-length trailer for Beat Bugs has also been released. It shows the season one musician and song pairings, as well as the show’s theme song, a new cover of “All You Need is Love”.
The soundtrack for season one will be released on the premier date on Apple music. It is split into two volumes and includes 27 tracks from the series and special guest artists. The soundtrack will also be available in stores, but not until November. The season two soundtrack and a “best of” compilation will also be available in November.
In addition to covers by popular musicians, there will also be Beat Bugs versions of some of the Beatles’ biggest hits like “Help”, “Come Together”, and “Penny Lane”.
Here’s a full list of participating current musicians:
● P!nk: “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds”
● James Corden: “I’m A Loser”
● Aloe Blacc: “Rain”
● Robbie Williams: “Good Day Sunshine”
● Eddie Vedder: “Magical Mystery Tour”
● Frances: “In My Life”
● The Shins: “The Word”
● The Lumineers: “Honey Pie”
● Sia: “Blackbird”
● Rod Stewart: “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”
● Chris Cornell: “Drive My Car”
● Regina Spektor: “And Your Bird Can Sing”
● Jennifer Hudson: “I’ll Follow The Sun”
● Of Monsters and Men: “Eleanor Rigby”
● James Bay: “Hey Bulldog”
● Tori Kelly: “I’m Happy Just To Dance With You”