That is one DEEP pool! Now let’s get deep with music news for July 16, 2021.
- This isn’t good: 954 people got COVID at an outdoor festival in The Netherlands despite compulsory negative tests, vaccines, or other proof of immunity. (Via Andrew)
- A Beatles demo featuring unreleased versions of three songs is going up for auction. The initial expectation was that it would sell for £700. Seems low.
- Vinyl sales are WAY up this year, but not everyone is happy about that.
- I find deepfake audio absolutely terrifying. See?
- Looking for some weird Spotify playlists? There’s a Twittter account for that.
- Tom DeLonge is now getting into movies. Here’s the scoop on his first feature film.
- What is the “YouTube voice?” This.
- A candle speaker? Yep.
- What’s happening with music online in Canada? Here’s the latest Canadian Online Radio Chart.
- Buh-bye NTSC in North America. What does that mean? This. (Via Tom)
- More AC/DC beer!
- And you can now buy an official Guns N’ Roses bong.
- Welcome back, Eddie!
More news? Check here.