I hate the whole concept of April Fool’s Day, so I won’t be punking anyone. This is real news.
- There’s a report that the godfather of house music, Frankie Knuckles, has died at age 59. The BBC confirms it.
- There’s also a report that former D.O.A. guitarist Dave Gregg has died. Early word is that it was a brain aneurysm.
- The Pixies have launched a contest, asking fans to design some album artwork.
- Is Duff McKagan rejoining Guns ‘N Roses?
- Modern rap is being watered down by white and effeminate artists. That’s the accusation, anyway.
- Want to buy some Nirvana photos? Go here.
- There’s a battle over the “sex sells” attitude in the world of classical music.