Published on August 31st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, August 31, 2018
Last long weekend of the summer. Make it a good one. Here’s some music news to discuss for August 31, 2018.
- Aretha Franklin’s funeral procession will feature 130 pink Cadillacs.
- So THAT’S the woman on the cover of the British edition of The Strokes This Is It album…
- Is the old canon of rock over? There’s an argument to be made for that. Blame the digital age.
- This is actually some pretty healthy advice for people addicted to their headphones: listen to the sound of silence.
- Annie Lennox has a nice place in the Hollywood Hills. Love the infinity pool.
- Before was a big-time actor, Ben Stiller was in a high school band. Here’s what they sounded like.
- Mrs. Doubtfire: The Musical.
- Michael Jackson: The Mini-series.
- A robot bellman? And it plays music?
- I cannot wait to read this book. It sounds explosive from a #MeToo perspective.
- Speaking of which, all sorts of allegations are being levelled at this late music manager.
- No, Harry. Don’t.
- DJ Khaled wants to sell you a throne and some gold-plated furniture.
- The Beatles’ “Hey Jude” was released 50 years ago this week. Here are some facts.
- And here’s an interesting Beatles fact for the 21st century. A bit nichey, but still…
- SONOS has released some new audio gear that looks pretty cool.
- There’s a new streaming service called TREBEL. Could this work?
- Texas Republicans tried to use a Democrat opponent’s punk rock past against it. It backfired spectacularly.
- These financial traders used Salt-N-Paper lyrics as code when they were rigging rates.
- Has the mystery of the Cuban sonic attacks on diplomats been solved?