On this day in 1993, Intel released the first Pentium chips, the first of the new x86 series. They had a clock speed of 60 MHz. Woo-hoo! Moving now to music news for March 22, 2019…
- Here’s me talking to the BeachBooster podcast about the upcoming
- Ozzy’s grandkids sing “Crazy Train” for Grandpa in hopes of making him feel better?
- K-pop star Jung Joon Young has been arrested in the expanding sex video scandal.
- Vinyl is doing very well in the UK. Still.
- Remember alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos? He’s now a gospel singer. His debut is this cover of a song called “Silver and Gold.”
- America’s National Recording Industry has inducted more songs. SPOILER: The Internet is outraged that Rick Astley has been overlooked again.
- Interested in Japanese rock? This company is trying to raise awareness in Canada.
- Here are some oddly specific mood-based playlists on Spotify.
- Volvo’s new onboard electronics won’t let you drive drunk.
- R Kelly is going to seek permission to leave the US so he can play a show in Dubai.
- Here’s a term you need to know about how playlists work–or more specifically, don’t work: dry streams.
- Timesuck: Can you channel your inner Bach? Try this Google experiment.
- Ex-Clash man Paul Simonen is in quite the divorce fight.
- One of the guys from a-ha is selling a sweet home in LA.
- The BBC has this big feature on video game music.
- This rare Beatles album once owned by John Lennon will probably sell for US$175,000 at auction.