Random Music News for Friday, September 18, 2015
I think I’m in Kuala Lumpur. Or I may have popped back to Singapore for a second for some extra unexpected business. All I know is that I gotta be in Shanghai tomorrow or I’m never making it home.
Meanwhile, here’s some music news.
- Should we just assume that all pop stars are stupid?
- Did Dave Grohl fake his broken leg so he could gain sympathy and make more money? Conspiracy theorists want to know.
- They love Metallica so much in Quebec that Labatt is brewing up some special Metallica beer.
- Janis Joplin’s old psychedelic Porsche is up for sale.
- Alice Cooper and aliens. Or so he says.
- Here’s a nice profile of Marc Bolan.
- Here come the European migrant charity songs.
- The secret of the Titanic violinist.
- Burberry is Apple’s new global brand partner. No surprise given that Apple poached one of Burberry’s big guns.
- There’s a new documentary on American celebrities who are actually Canadian. It’s out today.
- Amy Schumer dancing with Madonna? Yes.
- Hillary Clinton gave Kanye West some campaign advice. How nice.
- Meanwhile, Chris Brown and Kanye aren’t friends.
- Back to the US presidential politics: Young Jeezy vs. Donald Trump.
- And Jimmy Fallon vs. Justin Bieber.
- No jury duty for Kid Rock.
- And the first person to appear on the first free edition of The NME is…