Published on September 25th, 2015 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Friday, September 25, 2015
On this day in 1974, pitcher Tommy John underwent the first ulnar collateral ligament replacement surgery. It is forever more known as “Tommy John surgery” in baseball and beyond. And now, the music news…
- There’s a new line of AC/DC beer in Australia…
- …and Motorhead has a new line of whiskey.
- The reviews of Morrissey’s debut album are out–and they’re not very flattering. Not at all. Especially the bad sex scene.
- Can you go to hell for scalping tickets to see the pope?
- And if some American don’t get their iPhone today, they can blame the pope.
- So now Elton John actually did speak with Vladimir Putin now?
- This is weird: a song that can only be played when Uber “surge pricing” is in effect in Los Angeles.
- New Nirvana vinyl! It’s Kurt’s cover of the Beatles’ “And I Love Her.”
- Some music history: When Lou Reed left the Velvet Underground.
- Sometimes a change in soundtrack makes all the difference. (Via Tom)
- Twenty year-old reference alert: It’s not Blur vs. Oasis this time. Come November 13, it’s One Direction vs. Bieber. But now, it’s just not the same. Here’s why.
- That old Beatles contract was auctioned for how much?
- This will make anyone feel Celine Dion’s pain.
- Do you sing? Do you warm up your voice first? You should.
- Forty years of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Radiohead fans–well, Jonny Greenwood fans, anyway–will want to see this documentary.
- Does Kanye know about this?
- And now, a tap-dancing parrot.
- Are you an expert in dead languages? Then you might have a career as a music producer.