Published on April 30th, 2018 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Monday, April 30, 2018
It’s the last day of April–or as some people in parts of the country where spring is late call it, January 120th. Now for some music news for April 30, 2018.
- That tribute concert for the Humboldt Broncos was held in Saskatoon Friday night. Here’s a report.
- Donald Trump is thinking of inviting Kanye to the White House for dinner. The two are made for each other.
- Green Day fans want to push “American Idiot” to #1 on the chars in time for Trump’s visit in July. This should be fun to watch.
- Friday, it was “Ye vs. The People.” Then it became “Kimye vs. Snoop Dogg.”
- Twenty One Pilots fans think they’ve uncovered a big secret about the band’s next album. It’s pretty, er, complex, too.
- Bob Dylan-brand whiskey? Yep.
- Why Avicii’s death should be a wake-up call to the industry.
- Can classic wartime songs help patients with dementia? Maybe.
- A glove that Prince wore during the Purple Rain tour has just sold for big money.
- Facebook may soon have us talking into our arms. Here’s why.
- Ask your kid if they know what a “floppy disc” is. If they do, they’re doing better than most kids at identifying old technologies.
- Chris Martin, surfer.
- Want to see what happens inside your mouth when we talk? MRI magic!
- Bieber has $11 million US to spend on a house like this and we don’t.
- Great. Another way our cell phones are going to kill us.
- If you’re a fan of Dear Rouge, you’re gonna like this.
- This Ed Sheeran puppet will make you cry.
- A runaway bison in Manitoba has inspired a song. (Via Tom)
- Porn for drummers.
- One of the co-founders of the Burning Man Festival has died at the age of 70,
BONUS: Tom found this comic book. I’d read this.