Published on February 29th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, February 29, 2016
Every four years, we have to work an extra day. Grit your teeth and it’ll be over soon. And now, music news.
- If you’re into collecting records, the Discogs app for iOS is available today. Android users can sign up for the beta.
- Pussy Riot is planning a song about “Dickhead” Trump.
- Remember the plagiarism lawsuit brought against Led Zeppelin over “Stairway to Heaven?” It’s still going on.
- Snoop Dogg is engaged in a lawsuit with Pabst, the brewery. The trial is set for Halloween.
- Meanwhile, Pogues Whiskey is now available in the US. Could Canada be far behind? (Via Tom)
- Eagles of Death Metal have had to cancel some European shows because Jesse Hughes has a broken finger.
- Here’s yet another feature–this time from an aviation publication–about Iron Maiden’s Ed Force One 747-400.
- Wait: Rivers Cuomo is on Tinder? Yes, he is.
- U2’s Adam Clayton can afford wristwatches like these.
- Another entertainer has endorsed Donald Trump. Not that it’ll make much difference.
- What if they played Jimi Hendrix tunes in 6th century China? Then it would have sound like this?
- Tired of today’s sappy love songs? Then you need to listen to this.
- Kylie Jenner wants to trademark the name “Kylie.” Kylie Minogue: “No, the f*ck you aren’t!”
- In case you missed it, the Amy Winehouse documentary, Amy, won an Oscar for best documentary last night.
- Adele walked out of a post-Brits party.