Random music news for Monday, March 6, 2023
I’d like to start your week with the sound of a hedgehog farting. You’re welcome. Now that’s out of the way, here’s music news for March 6, 2023.
- RIP Gary Rossington, the last original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- RIP guitarist David Lindley. This was a big solo hit for him back in the day.
- These people stand in line for concert tickets professionally.
- No, Roger. Just stop it.
- Universal Music Group and Deezer are partnering to figure out a new streaming model.
- You may have heard of Spatial Audio already. Here’s what it is and why you might be interested.
- We’re starting to hear more about Apple’s upcoming AR/VR headset. This looks kinda cool.
- Earth (as in the planet) has received its first songwriting credit.
- Remember the awful Manchester concert bombing? There were 23 missed chances to intercept the bomber.
- Leonard Cohen is still dead–and he’s still being ripped off.
- Buh-bye Radio Shack?
- Well, this is gossipy about Miley Cyrus.
- Australian burger joint 1, Kanye West 0.
- Even Flea occasionally has to have his bass playing fixed in the mix. See?
- Album cover artwork lives!
- Is the organization behind BTS trying to take over the entire world?
- John Mellencamp is going to donate all his archives to the University of Indiana.
BONUS: Happy panda. This will make your Monday.
BONUS BONUS: Work smarter, not harder.