Attention all non-Canadian readers: The country is mostly closed today for a national holiday. We’ll be back to normal (albeit a little hung over) tomorrow. However, since music news never stops, here’s music news for May 24, 2021.
- Dave Grohl will co-host The Tonight Show tonight.
- Who knew that Joe Biden was a K-pop fan?
- Bob Dylan is now 80. (Via Sean)
- Are celebrities ruining podcasting? Discuss. (Sean again)
- Drunk radio. Those were the days. (Via Tom)
- Quantum entangled drum beats. Cool! (Via Andrew)
- This is interesting: Things I Learned at Jazz School. (Via Walter)
- A demo of a very strange musical typewriter. (Still more Sean)
- Forget Zoom calls. Check this out. (Also from Sean, who obviously didn’t get the memo about the long weekend.)
- Bono and Linda Perry have written a song for a Sean Penn documentary called Citizen Penn.
- This guy is a big part of the latest Weezer album.
- The Smile is a new Radiohead offshoot band featuring Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood.
- First Queen’s Brian May had a heart attack. And now he needed eye surgery.
- Here’s Coldplay performing “Higher Power” at Glastonbury over the weekend.
- Speaking of which, there were some technical glitches.
- And now Michael Jackson’s estate wants an investigation into Martin Bashir.
Want more? Try here.