Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States.
And now, music news for Saturday, April 25, 2020
- Coronavirus update 1: A major EDM festival bought pandemic insurance by mistake. They just cashed a US$1.6 million cheque.
- Coronavirus update 2: Here’s another report on the struggles of campus radio in the time of pandemic.
- Coronavirus update 3: American radio has a real chance to make a difference these days, but they’re screwing things up.
- Coronavirus update 4: Here’s an example of a successful local livestream project from Brantford, Ontario.
- Coronavirus update 5: The effect of COVID-19 on the the global music business, part 1.
- Coronavirus update 6: COVID-19 has shut down the live music industry (video).
- Coronavirus update 7: You know what segment of the economy is doing well? Video games. Sales are at a decade high.
- Coronavirus update 8: The Killers have postponed the release of their next album.
- There are a lot of online DJ sets these days. But is anyone getting paid?
- So there are over a million podcasts available on Apple Podcasts now. What does that really mean?
- Here’s what gamers are streaming on Spotify.
- That live Taylor Swift album that was released yesterday? It was a surprise to her.
- Kanye West is now a billionaire. Does he have more money that Donald Trump? Maybe.
- More Prince infighting.