Olympics! Right. Probably should start watching, huh? But only after music news for July 24, 2021.
- To help get the US concert industry back on its feet, Live Nation is offering $20-all-in concert tickets. Nothing for Canada yet.
- The Rolling Stones are going on tour again this fall.
- Amazon has announced more than 50 new features for Alexa.
- Anthony Kiedis of the Chili Peppers is selling his US$10 million Hawaiian place.
- “Music artwork in the age of streaming.” Discuss.
- Was this label Motown before there was Motown? Discuss. (Via Andrew)
- For Chris Martin gossip, click here.
- This facemask comes with a HEPA filter, a microphone, and speakers.
- The Whitney Houston hologram is heading to Las Vegas.
- Bring out your dead. (Via Sean)
- It’s been a while since we’ve had a stage collapse. It’s now been 0 days since one.
- Like all the generations before it, Gen Z is reinventing punk.
- Shirley Manson of Garbage says she was rescued by her rescue dog. (Via Shiona)
- Kanye’s album listening party attracted 42,000 people. And when he showed up two hours late, he did bugger-all.
- Apple’s Spatial Audio tracks are now available for Android.
- Jeff Beck is working on new music with–wait for it–Johnny Depp.
BONUS: Wait for it. Wait…
More news? Look here.