Fun fact: Chinese couples are clamoring to get married next Sunday because the Chinese characters for that date (20210314) look like those for the phrase “Love you my whole life.” Aw. And here’s music news for March 13, 2021.
- The Grammys are this weekend? Really? Borrrrrrring.
- Still, the Grammys will be a news story. Here are the pandemic precautions they’re taking…
- …and a story about whether or not the Grammys can survive at all.
- Deftones tequila!
- Jon Schaffer, the Iced Earth guitarist jailed for his part in invading the US Capitol on January 6, has filed to have all his charges dismissed. Yeah, good luck with that.
- Uh, thanks, Mike Patton?
- Thanks to the pandemic, we may have reached the end of the middle-class musician.
- A slew of German and Swiss festivals have been canceled because of COVID this summer.
- However, New Orleans is opening up for live indoor music.
- Nine in ten UK musicians say that their mental health has deteriorated because of the pandemic.
- I wonder if we’ll ever hear these covers David Bowie and Queen recorded back in the day? (Via Sean)
- Can you help this Canadian punk band locate a copy of their 40-year-old cassette that they sold at shows back in the day? (Via Stuart)
- How is this “dad dancing?”
- A No Doubt reunion? Don’t rule it out.
- Remember Har Mar Superstar? He’s now a postman in Minneapolis.
- Ozzy’s new hobby? Shooting. (But just with an air rifle. Whew.)
- The entry from Belarus has been blocked from Eurovision because they support that country’s dictatorship. (Sean again)
- Aw. Nice shout-out!
BONUS: A history of the sounds made by modems.