Published on April 25th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, April 25, 2019
Sixty years ago today, the St. Lawrence Seaway opened for business. Moving on to music news for April 25, 2019…
- Bereft over the Toronto Maple Leafs’ loss to Boston? Fans are blaming Justin Bieber.
- Some numbers from Record Store Day are in. The event drove sales of 827,000 new albums, 72% of which were sold by indie music stores.
- Let’s get an update on Ozzy’s health, shall we?
- Here are a few things about smart speakers that you might not have considered yet. Interesting…
- And speaking of smart speakers, there’s this troubling development.
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin has a stalker problem that’s before the courts right now.
- Okay, this is weird: The Mueller Report interpreted by red carpet looks.
- Spotify has removed the music of Blood on the Dance Floor for content violations. As in hate content.
- At least one guy thinks that artificial intelligence will spawn a whole new type of pop music industry.
- Uh-oh, radio.
- This jammer could silence annoying mobile phones in public places.
- Michael Stipe is quite the photographer.
- Nicholas Cage + Prince’s “Purple Rain” = This.
- This new device could allow the mute to speak again.
- Facebook is expecting to be fined how much for privacy violations?
- Florence + The Machine set a record for the most-Shazamed song in 24 hours with her version of “Jenny of Oldstones” on Sunday’s Game of Thrones.