Day 365 of the year. I will be in bed by 10:30 because New Year’s Eve is the most over-hyped event of the year. See you on the other side with more music news.
- It looks like the aggressive cancer that killed Lemmy was in his neck and brain. When he began to have trouble with his speech, doctors ordered a brain scan. That’s when the cancer was discovered.
- Meanwhile, UK Motorhead fans are trying to push “Ace of Spades” up the charts. I approve.
- Damon Albarn of Blur has been awarded an OBE (Order of the British Empire).
- Want to buy Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch? It’s for sale.
- A good read: Rap against racism.
- A man walks into a bar. Black Sabbath music is playing. The barman switches over to Christmas music. Man assaults barman. (Via Tom)
- Parents! This might be musical worthwhile for your kids. Gets them out of the house, too. (Tom again)
- Things are ugly in Burundi, but these musicians are doing their best to keep music alive.