Random music news for Thursday, January 26, 2023
One ticket to Mars, please. And here’s music news for January 26, 2023.
- Ryan Dahle of Limblifter had successful heart valve replacement surgery at St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver. He should be as good as new in a few months. (Via Johnny)
- Has Spotify overspent? What do you think?
- What will happen to the glorious sound of high-performance internal combustion engines when everyone goes electric? Ferrari has plans.
- Australia might ban Kanye for being antisemitic.
- How Michael Rapino, a guy from Thunder Bay, ended up running Live Nation and Ticketmaster.
- Bad news: Someone stole this guy’s car. Good news; He got it back. Even better news: It was now full of vinyl.
- What the hell is going on with Aretha Franklin’s “You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman?” Oh.
- Madonna announces world tour. Biopic is scrapped.
- This is probably an unusual post-Canadian Idol career.”
- How to dress like a rock god.
- The streaming showdown: It might have finally arrived.
- If you’re an artist with music on Spotify, read this blog post on fan analytics.
- MSG is now building The Sphere in Las Vegas. They now want one in London, too.
- Interesting: Manager Scooter Braun has joined HYBE, which is owned by the same people who gave us BTS.
- Metallica is having a worldwide listening party for the release of their 72 Seasons album. Details here.
- Neil Young is going to play his first gig in three years for Willie Nelson’s birthdat.
BONUS: I had no idea that Steve Martin once did things like this.