Published on October 18th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, October 18, 2018
Weed’s been legal in Canada for 24 hours. Society didn’t collapse. I think we’ll be okay. Here’s music news for October 18, 2018.
- Now that Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson have broken up, what’s going to happen to their pet pig, Piggy Smallz?
- Just like his friend Donald Trump, Kanye is making friends with brutal dictators.
- Interesting: One-half of all beginner guitarists in the US and UK are female.
- Moby’s new memoir is ready. It’s called Then It Fell Apart.
- Why do people keep defacing this David Bowie statue?
- This Spotify ad has been banned because it “causes distress to children.”
- Meanwhile, this playlist could save someone’s life. Really. It could.
- This consulting firm says that there will be 235 million streaming music subscriptions by the end of the year.
- Can’T even hum in tune? This new experiment can turn your tone-deafness into actual music.
- What music genres rule in the car? Let’s take a look.
- Snoop Dogg says his experience at rolling joints has made him into a sushi master.
- No. Just no.
- A Spanish drug boss appeared in a music video. Then he hanged himself.
- Are you fascinated by two songs that sound scarily the same? Is this plagiarism or an unfortunate sonic coincidence? Read this.
- Want to sleep in Madonna’s bed? Now you can!
- Quincy Jones says he was hooked on heroin at age 15.