As of today, me and the missus have been married 25 years. We’re quite proud of that.
That being said, there’s music news to discuss.
- Billy Joel Avenue? Not just yet.
- Meryl Streep’s next role will be as a rock singer. Neil Young was called in to teach her a thing or two.
- Toronto rapper Redway died in a car crash over the weekend.
- One Direction set a new Spotify record for the most streams of a song in one week with their new single…
- …and they’re making $21,000 a day from the song on Spotify.
- The overhaul of Apple Music can’t come too soon. Here’s another reason why.
- Slipknot’s new bassist was rushed to hospital in an ambulance in the middle of a show.
- Remember the “Stairway to Heaven” plagiarism lawsuit? It’s still on.
- In case you’d like some lullabies based on the music of Blink-182, go here.
- Here are the hottest apps in hip hop.
- A radio station’s RDS display was hacked. This is some kind of first.
- Jared Leto: okay by standards of the Ukrainian government.
- Why the world’s biggest record label wants to be a movie studio.
- Meanwhile, Sony defends their streaming practices.
- This a good joke: Kanye West has copyrighted the E minor chord. It is a joke…right? (Via Tom)
- And finally, this is just for fans of Gilligan’s Island. Who knew The Skipper recorded an album? (Via Tom again)