People! The Titanic sank! Don’t believe what you see on TikTok. You can, however, believe what you read with my daily roundup of music news. Mostly. Here’s what’s happening on June 20, 2023.
- Pop star Bebe Rexha had to be rushed offstage during a show in NYC when someone threw a phone and hit her in the head. WTF? By the way, the guy who threw it was arrested.
- The Clown has left the current Slipknot tour to look after his wife who is having health issues.
- New rules for the Grammys require human input and restricts AI. I should hope.
- Speaking of AI, stand-up comedians have nothing to worry about. For now, anyway.
- This looks cool: Sound-based quantum computers.
- Nice surprise, Stevie Nicks!
- That time Patti Smith punched Ted Nugent on live radio.
- Here’s more on the upcoming Duran Duran documentary, A Hollywood High.
- Adele vs. The Fungus.
- Three people in New Hampshire have been charged with threatening radio journalists.
- Well, this is pretty sneaky-cool.
- And this is a pretty cool music identification feature that comes with a Google Pixel phone.
- Mick Jagger is bailing on Florida. Wanna buy his house?
- Beware the Ozzy scam.
- And still with Ozzy, there’s this controversy in a Birmingham pub.
BONUS: I suffer from bouts of kidney stones and the pain can be tremendous. But I can’t–CAN’T–imagine this.