On this day in 1899–120 years ago–Bayer registered a trademark for a new painkiller called “Aspirin.” As for music news on March 6, 2019…
- Weekly Canadian music sales and streaming stats vs. a year ago: Total albums, -21.3%; digital albums, -20%; physical albums, -22.1%; CDs, -26%; vinyl LPs, 8.7%; on-demand audio streams, 39.6% (1.345 billion streams)
- For reasons I cannot fathom, Corey Feldman is defending Michael Jackson.
- Rumour: The new iPhones will work underwater. Not just waterproof. They will work underwater.
Rumour: The Woodstock 50 Festival is having financial problems. Still, we have some new announcements about who’s playing.
- No pop: It’s here.
- Here’s another reason you might want to steer your kid into being a DJ.
- New Zealand is the latest jurisdiction to clamp down on ticket scalping.
- Beware the fake Rihanna album that’s floating around out there.
- The Prodigy’s Keith Flint had put his mansion up for sale days before he took his own life.
- And here are some details about his final days.
- Another reason to go to yard sales, just in case.
- China’s music industry is booming. Can the labels handle it? Maybe not.
- I had no idea that Jack White was this much of a baseball fan. Nice one, Jack.
- One of the actors in the movie School of Rock has been arrested four times for stealing guitars.