Published on October 24th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Canadian baseball fans will remember this day in 1992 when the Blue Jays became the first non-American team to win the World Series. And in music news for October 24, 2018…
- A fight broke out at a classical music concert. The problem? A noisy gum wrapper.
- Jack White’s Third Man Records is now in the old-school photography business.
- Will women be the saviours of rock’n’roll? It’s starting to look like it.
- The foldable phone could almost be here.
- Is everyone in music recording an ASMR video now?
- Cardi B and Rich the Kid performed at duelling bar mitzvah parties.
- Interesting metaphor: Is Facebook the classic rock of social media?
- A new study says that Instagram is now more important to teens than Snapchat.
- This whole story of abuse allegations involving 11-year-old Canadian rapper Lil Tay is very, very weird.
- More praise for Greta Van Fleet.
- Spotify is testing a new “what’s new” section for new releases.
- Drake beat a Beatles record. Then again, things are much different today than they were in 1964.
- The Beastie Boys have their own SONOS speaker.
- Apple is going to take on Netflix with the launch of a global TV subscription service.
- The Beyonce/Jay Z tour grossed $250 million.
- Tracy Chapman vs. Nicki Minaj. This should be interesting.