Published on September 9th, 2015 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Apple Day. Let’s hope they do something about Apple Music. Speaking of music news…
- Speaking of Apple, new figures say that they account for 44.2% of all American smartphone users.
- Wait: the NFL has invited Bruno Mars back for a Super Bowl halftime show already?
- There’s a real chance that Ricky Gervais will record a duet with Ed Sheeran.
- Bon Jovi in China? Nope. The government has pulled the plug on that tour.
- How would this be for a one-of-a-kind musical wedding present for the 1 percenters?
- The BBC has announced a new streaming/music discovery plan.
- Lemmy has a lung infection. That’s the problem.
- Is virtual reality the thing that’s going to take classical music to the next level? Maybe.
- If you’re going to call 911, don’t claim to be Nicki Minaj–especially if you’re a dude.
- You know that Kentucky clerk that won’t issue gay marriage licenses? Survivor (yes, the band) is thinking of suing her over “Eye of the Tiger.”
- Did you know that whales sing in their own local dialects? Me, neither.
- Chrissie Hynde has no time for today’s lewd pop stars.
- The headliners for Glastonbury have been booked for 2016 and 2017. Betcha the Foo Fighters are one. Who’s the other?
- Taylor Swift now has more followers on Instagram than Kim Kardashian. You realize this means war, right?
- There’s a new electronic musical conference–and it’ll be held in Dubai.
- Interesting: “How Rap Got Weird.”
- Some Canadian songs have been declared “annoying” by Mojo Magazine. Can you guess which ones without looking?