Random Music News for Monday, November 10, 2014
I need a haircut.
- This week will feature a big battle: Foo Fighters vs. Pink Floyd vs. Queen vs. Taylor Swift (again). Who will come out on top?
- Regardless of what happens, I get the feeling that the Foo Fighters will end up headlining Glastonbury.
- Billy Joel has set an all-time Madison Square Garden performance record.
- Willie Nelson thinks that Barack Obama will be happy one weed gets legalized. Well, of course he would.
- Are politicians too dumb to understand the meaning of the lyrics to Springsteen’s “Born in the USA?” (SPOILER: Yes.)
- Madonna’s cast-off clothes sell for millions at auction.
- Gwen Stefani plans to return to fashion.
- Helping the blind to see with 3D sound.
- Still more analysis of the U2-Apple-iTunes thing.
- These are the top music schools in the US. None come cheap.
- Why was Justin Bieber involved in the Pittsburgh Steelers bible study group?
- How Bruce Springsteen helped bring down the Berlin Wall.
- Garth Brooks is back in the music business. It’s a very different place than when he left it.
- What’s your most-used app? Is it one of these music (or music-related) apps?
- Well, what about this app? It never plays the same thing twice?
- Mick Hucknall of Simply Red annoys me. Here’s why.