Published on September 19th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, September 19, 2016
Back home after a trip to the Far East. My body is here but my soul is still in transit somewhere over the Aleutians. And now, the music news…
- Another You’re-Getting-Old Update: Guns ‘N Roses Use Your Illusion albums turned 25 years old on Saturday.
- The NFL has banned Kanye cleats.
- Billboard has assembled this list of the 100 best music books. Funny how none of mine made the cut…
- Just what we’ve always needed: Ferris Bueller’s version of “Twist and Shout” done 8-bit style.
- This may make you think differently about music from Disney movies.
- Jeezus; The #savenelly campaign actually seems to be working.
- Corey Feldman is either a mad genius or uber-weird dude. Watch this and tell me what you think.
- In case you need a kid dancing to Michael Sembello’s “Maniac” to make your day, click here.
- I’m really looking forward to seeing Eight Days a Week, the new Beatles documentary by Ron Howard. Here are six reasons why.
- Ian Brown of the Stone Roses avoided having his license revoked because the judge bought his story about him taking his parents grocery shopping.
- Against Me! vs Topshot re: the logo ripoff mess.
- Here’s an example of excellent headphone technology for a very reasonable price.
- Props to whoever picked this music for Hillary Clinton’s return to the campaign trail.
- How bad is it for newspapers these days? The New York Times has stopped covering local New York culture.
- Here’s what can happen when Hollywood directors decide to get into music videos.