Published on July 22nd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 22, 2017
I read this article from the US and a certain smugness came over me. Is that wrong? And now, the music news for July 22.
- The iPhone 8 will cost how much?
- Justin Bieber has been banned from China for “bad behavior.”
- Forget about “fake artists” on Spotify. Did you know you can buy fake streams?
- Remember the movie Play Misty for Me where Clint Eastwood played a radio DJ? The house in which the movie was set is for sale.
- What are all these weird Guns ‘N Roses ads all about?
- This probably would have been a bad idea for some album cover art.
- That one time? At band camp? This happened.
- A French singer dropped dead on stage in the middle of a performance. Cardiac arrest.
- Hollywood is now trolling podcasts for movie ideas.
- Interested in all things Bob Marley? Then read this.
- The National Music Centre in Calgary could use a few more visitors. But it survived a rough year.
- Billy Bragg offers up a lesson the history of skiffle.
- I had no idea that Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer was once into punk.
- Here are more details about Bruce Springsteen’s Broadway debut.
- Stevie Wonder apparently got married again this week. No one wants to talk about it because there was a $1 million penalty clause in the invitation.
- Here are five projects about the future of podcasting.
- Are you a metal singer looking for a new mic? Look at this.