Published on March 18th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, March 18, 2017
American Express was founded on this day 1850. Which reminds me: I’ve got a bill to pay. And now, the music news.
- Back in the grunge era, guitar solos were completely uncool. Here’s why.
- Only Apple can fix some parts in iPhones thanks to this machine.
- Amazon’s Alexa AI is now available on the iPhone (only if you’re in the US, though.)
- What’s everyone talking about at SXSW this year? Border issues.
- Speaking of which, here are some SXSW bands that suffered as a result.
- Back in the days of the Cold War, the US and USSR fought using radio.
- Why might end up seeing an avalanche of Britpop books. Here’s why.
- It’s tough enough to be a pop star without suffering from sleep paralysis.
- Elvis’ Graceland has turned 60!
- If Donald Trump goes ahead and cancels the National Endowment for the Arts, here’s what could happen.
- The Black Eyed Peas are now in the graphic novel business.
- Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow have finally sold their NYC penthouse.
- There’s now a musical based on pharma douche Martin Shkreli.
- Pharrell Williams wants dudes to buy a $3,600 USD man bag.
- Coachella is suing Urban Outfitters over trademark infringement.
- Ed Sheeran already has the biggest-selling album of the year. And it took just one week.