Remember Harold Camping? He was the religious nut who said that the world was going to end on this day in 2011. If he’d be right, there’s be no music news to report…
- It looks like Axl Rose’s foot is all better.
- This “sound shirt” helps deaf people experience music. (Via Andrew)
- So we’ve been hearing about iHeartRadio coming to Canada. What exactly is this all about? This.
- One in six albums sold worldwide is from a British star.
- Puddle of Mudd’s Wes Scanlin is in trouble again. This dude needs help.
- Eagles of Death Metal have been dropped by two French music festivals after they made some Bataclan-related comments.
- A look back on 60 years of the iconic Capitol Records studio in LA. (“If these walls could talk…”)
- A Pussy Riot-supporting performer has been sentenced to 16 months in jail for his Pro-Ukranian views.
- Here’s another (overly) pessimistic view of the future of radio. Let’s be clear: America has completely screwed up the medium. Other countries–including Canada–haven’t made the same mistakes.