Published on February 23rd, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, February 23, 2017
I’m somewhere between Perth, Australia, and home in Toronto. Through the miracle of traveling east across the date line and through 13 time zones, my Thursday will be 37 hours long. And now, the music news.
- The Golden Records aboard the Voyager space probes have now been floating out there for 40 years. So far, nothing’s found them. Might be for the best, when you think about it.
- KISS played Sault Ste. Marie? AC/DC in Thunder Bay? Metallica in Sudbury? Yep. Take a look at which smaller cities in Ontario hosted some pretty amazing bands.
- Thom Yorke is apparently romancing an Italian actress.
- You can see why people got upset when Bono offered some praise for Mike Pence.
- Some people actually seem to care what will win Best Song at the Oscars.
- Eddie Van Halen has donated some guitars to a low-income school. Nice, dude. (Via Tom)
- A roadie was killed following an Avenged Sevenfold gig in Germany.
- Depeche Mode has a new remix EP coming next Friday.
- Attention, Limp Bizkit fans! I know you’re both out there somewhere. Try this. (Tom again)
- Looking to buy some new headphones? Here are some tips.
- I never thought of this until now: With the decline in DVD sales, we might be seeing the death of the movie commentary.
- The famous last words of Bob Marley, James Brown and Beethoven.
- Jay Z will be the first rapper to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Why is there now a golden life-sized statue of Kanye West in LA?