Random Music News for Thursday, January 5, 2017
I’ve just finished binge-watching The Fall on Netflix and I’m going through withdrawal. Any suggestions for the next binge? Think about that as you peruse through the day’s music news.
- One more time and we’ll leave this alone: A timeline of events for Mariah Carey’s New Year’s Eve performance disaster. Here’s what happened. We think.
- Latest rumour: Google is buying SoundCloud. Maybe. One thing is for sure, though: SoundCloud is having trouble finding a spot in the marketplace.
- Kim Jong-Un’s all-female band, The Moranbong Band, is back!
- Cue the outrage: Justin Bieber has abandoned his sick puppy.
- In case you missed it, Janet Jackson gave birth to a baby boy this week. She’s a first-time mom at age 50.
- Is the KLF getting ready to reunite in 2017?
- Looks like there’s going to be a big farewell party for the Obamas in DC tomorrow night. And yes, there will be celebrities.
- The syncing feeling [sic] that’s lifting the music industry.
- What does the digital music landscape look like heading into 2017? This.
- Snoop Dogg gave Willie Nelson a great Christmas present.
- Oh, Kanye…
- Like rock with your wine? Then this festival (featuring the Foo Fighters) is for you.
- Live365 is back!
- A tractor beam that uses sound waves!
- Indian New Wave!
- What’s been unveiled so far at CES? Take a look. And here’s more.
- If you love military bands and drums, try this.