Published on May 12th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, May 12, 2016
If it’s Thursday, this must be Calgary. Vancouver tomorrow. And now, in music news…
- Lemons are popping up all over Manchester. Here’s a map of all of them. Could this foreshadow the release of the third Stone Roses album? (Via Michael)
- Despite the seemingly high prices–up to $1,599 USD a ticket–Desert Trip (with the Stones, McCartney, The Who et al) sold out both weekends in three days. The box office gross will be greater than $150 million, the biggest ever for a single show.
- Prince hated the Kardashians, too.
- These new earphones look like they might have promise.
- And these transparent speakers look really cool.
- The spirit of K-Tel Records lives on thanks to the Internet. Here’s how.
- Def Leppard to meet the Deaf Leopard in Arkansas. This will explain that previous sentence. (Via Tom)
- Ozzy has moved back in, but Sharon has moved out. And Ozzy claims he hasn’t relapsed.
- You’ve never, ever seen someone play the drums like this. It looks fake, but… (Tom again.)
- Revenue from iTunes is crashing for Universal Music. Who else?
- Crüe in the theatres.
- Here’s a new streaming service: all comedy.
- Claim: Beyonce’s “foot water” has healing properties. It’s a miracle!
- Rob Zombie has come to the defence of BABYMETAL. Yay, Rob!
- People really want to help this operatic bull. (Still more Tom)