Published on October 13th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, October 13, 2016
The first-ever mobile cellular network was launched in the US on this day in 1983. Phones were the size of purses. And now, the music news of the day.
- Want to meet with Madonna in Miami? That’ll be $150,000, please.
- The Foo Fighters lost their lawsuit against Lloyds of London over those cancelled shows last year when Dave broke his leg.
- Loud music in restaurants may be ruining your meal–but it’s not what you think.
- We don’t get Pandora in Canada, but it’s still interesting to note that they’ve rebranded.
- Janet Jackson is expecting for the first time. She’s 50. Just sayin’.
- Nickelback vs. Royal Blood on Twitter. If you care…
- Prince’s vault of unreleased music is being shopped for $35 million.
- How to build your own Beatles Yellow Submarine.
- I’m off to Desert Trip (aka) “Oldchella”) on Friday so naturally this article caught my attention. (Via Barnaby)
- Watch this Danish school choir tackle “Bohemian Rhapsody.”