Random Music News for Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Beware the Ides of March, etc. Here’s some music news:
- Kesha fans are petitioning Sony to drop Dr. Luke.
- Speaking of the whole sad saga, Billboard has this story.
- Sobering: Taylor Swift videos are more popular than a lot of network TV shows.
- Spotify has dropped support for Windows Phone.
- Action Bronson interviewed Phil Collins. Seriously. (Via Larry)
- This was a BBC Radio 1 oopsie.
- Chris Brown isn’t helping matters much when it comes to violence at Trump rallies.
- You can now buy Prince’s wedding china for just $50,000 USD.
- The British Library is celebrating 40 years of Sex Pistols and Buzzcocks. Imagine predicting that back in 1976…
- Watch this kid CRUSH his hecklers with a Megadeth guitar solo.
- Kanye asked to redesign the LA Clippers Mascot. Owner Steve Balmer says “Let’s talk.”
- The country house where Rolling Stones co-founder Brian Jones died (was murdered?)–and the estate that inspired Winnie the Pooh–is up for sale again.
- The circumstances around the accidental shooting death of the wife of Eagles’ Randy Meisner just keeps getting weirder.
- How Instagram is affecting music sales.
- This new biography of the Replacements sounds like it could be pretty juicy.
- Rush sponsored the MusiCounts Canadian Music Teach of the Year award. Here are the details.