First, the bad news. The effort by Canadians and Guess Who fans worldwide failed to sway the nomination committee into putting the band on the 2021 ballot. Damn. Next year. But here are the acts who did make it.
- Mary J. Blige
- Kate Bush
- Foo Fighters (A lock if there ever was one.)
- Go-Go’s (Another lock.)
- Iron Maiden (About time.)
- Chaka Khan (They’re going to nominate her until she finally gets in. She’s been up for induction SEVEN times.)
- Carole King (Isn’t she already in for songwriting?)
- Fela Kuti
- LL Cool J (This is SIXTH nomination)
- New York Dolls (WAY overdue!)
- Rage Against the Machine
- Todd Rundgren
- Tina Turner (She’s already in for her work with Ike)
- Dionne Warwick
Once again, Kraftwerk and Judas Priest get the shaft.
If you’re interested in the fan vote, go here.