A Manchester company called TICKX went through thousands of Spotify songs and playlists to determine the ultimate listening choices for every mood.
Say, for example, you’re in a pissy mood and you’re looking for music that feeds your anger. TICKX determined that the ultimate songs for this purpose should have these attributes:
- BPM: 130
- Valence score (musical positivity within the song; lower means more angry): 49
- Danceability score: 54
- Energy score: 89
- Ideal duration: 226 seconds
- Best year for this music: 2007
Got that? Here’s what they found.
Top 5 Angriest Songs
- Down with the Sickness, Disturbed
- I Hate Everything About You, Three Days Grace
- Duality, Slipknot
- Headstrong, Trapt
- Before I Forget, Slipknot
Top 5 Angriest Acts
- Three Days Grace
- Linkin Park
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Alternative Metal
- Dance Pop (Wait–what?)
- Dark Trap
- Detroit Hip Hip
There’s more analysis for being happy, sad, sexy, and chill here.