Lana Rae Meisner, the wife of Eagles co-founder, Randy Meisner, was shot dead in the couple’s LA home on Sunday.
Details are still sketchy, but here’s what we know so far:
- At around 5:30, Lana called the LAPD to say that Randy was threatening her with a BB gun and “acting erratically.”
- At 7pm, Randy called the cops to report that Lana was dead. She’d been shot in the head. He says she’d accidentally shot herself while looking for something in a closet, a place where the couple kept at least two guns.
- So far, police are ruling her death to be an accident. They say she was moving a rifle inside a case in the closet when the gun went off.
Other notes to this tragedy:
- Randy has had mental health issues (bipolar disorder) and has been reported to cops for threatening to shoot people in the past, once with an AK-47.
- He’s also reported to have problems with alcohol.
More details can be found here.