In case you haven’t heard, Geeks&Beats can now be access via Nightflight, a website inspired by the USA Networks all-night show of the same name from the 80s. You’d better give it a look especially if, um, you’re of a certain age. You know who you are.
- War of the Worlds: Is the story of the hysteria caused by the 1938 radio broadcast a myth? Say it ain’t so…
- So let’s talk about Beats 1, shall we? Thoughts on this new thing where Apple has put radio on the Internet? (Er, about that…)
- We needed our Patreon patrons a lot this week. We had a website hosting issue that cost us a bundle. But thanks to you, we (well, Michael) fixed the problem.
- Casio is getting into the smart watch space.
- Just in case iTunes 12.2 borked your music library, here’s what you can do to fix it.
- Who the hell are all these people buying Taylor Swift on vinyl?
- The Great Canadian Music Map: This is pretty cool.
- If you thought this weird band petition was real, I hate to burst your bubble, but…
- Analytics reveal the most profane rapper. However, I dispute this.
- More analytics: are pop songs getting dumber? [Spoiler: Yes] And who’s the dumbest? [Hint: They’re Canadian. Double hint: NOT Nickelback.]
For more–and we have a crack team of writers adding content to the website every day–go here. The G&B Swag Store is open 24/7 for your convenience. Here’s where you can subscribe to everything we do. You can listen to us on the radio every week. (Yes, there’s an actual G&B Radio Network.)
We’d also love it if you left us a message at (323) 319-NERD. And if you’re not already a subscriber to the podcast through iTunes, well, you’re a bad, mean person. Repair your karma by doing it now.
Are you into audio production? We’re always looking for jingles, stagers, memes or anything else we can use in producing the show.