Re-posting this video is turning out to be something of a Christmas tradition. Sorry if I ruin it for everyone (it does generate some serious hate mail, but I don’t care. C’mon! It’s all done in fun…)

Apologies to Clement Clarke Moore, of course.

8 thoughts on “A holiday tradition: I helpfully deconstruct “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” [VIDEO]

• December 19, 2012 at 3:13 pm

That was excellent!

Immediately forwarded to everyone on my list.

• December 24, 2020 at 10:49 pm

I believe i just peed my pants Alan, well done!

• December 25, 2012 at 7:29 am

Well done sir….a good laugh and OH SO YOU…
    I hadn't heard this before. Thanks for the quality material as always.
    -M

• December 24, 2013 at 4:50 pm

An alan cross Christmas classic. Enjoyed it again this year as I have the past few 🙂

• December 24, 2013 at 5:39 pm

WHY? Do you think your funny? It makes no sense to use science to explain “magic”, or to insist that there wouldn’t have been a “full moon” on that Christmas Eve. It’s supposed to be a fantasy. I love humour as much as anyone else, but this just wasn’t funny. Really, you come across as a bitter, angry old man. Are you upset because Santa didn’t bring you tickets to the Monty Python Reunion Show in London? By the way, the history of Saint Nicholas goes way back to Finnish folklore, and many other similar stories such as Icelandic folklore, where 13 pranksters, known as the Yule Lads, come down from the mountains to cause mischief for the 13 days preceding Christmas. All of this predates any Coca-Cola ad campaign. My 16 year old wants to know why you are so butthurt. Who are you to be making fun of anyone else’s weight? And as for the two first “responders”…a couple of “Scrooges”!

• December 25, 2013 at 7:51 am

Thanks for the critique but sheesh, we were just goofing around…

• December 24, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Tell Old Yeller to eat a dick,. what an f’n grinch. Can someone give Yeller a sense of humor for Christmas….?

• December 24, 2020 at 10:49 am

I wonder what happened to Bite and Aux? Clearly didn’t put out more stuff like this. 🙂 Always a fun part of Christmas, thanks for sharing again. Did you ever do Rudolph?

Let us know what you think!