With the collapse of physical music formats, artists have had to find alternate revenue streams. Some, like Eminem and a few others, have made it very expensive for fans to, well, be fans.
This brings me to another one of those surveys out of Britain that is actually a commercial n disguise. In this case, it’s Money.co.uk which investigated which musicians are the most expensive to support.
They looked at 65 of the world’s biggest-selling pop acts of the last decade and considered things like:
- The average price of an album download
- The average cost of their official merchandise products
- The typical price of a concert ticket
- The cost of an authentic signed item
- And where possible, the price for a 12” vinyl album
Here’s what they came up with, starting with the most expensive. (All prices in US$.)
|Rank||Artist||Starter Fan PackageCost $|
|19||Zac Brown Band||$478.25|
What about the cheapest? Glad you asked.
|Rank||Artist||Super Fan Starter Package Cost $|
|7||Megan Thee Stallion||$221.70|
|13||Mumford & Sons||$250.83|
|16||Florida Georgia Line||$271.46|
The full report can be found here.