Can we please give the Jeopardy job to Mayim Bialik already? Or Levar Burton. I’d be okay with that, too. I’ll take Music news for August 25, 2021, please.
- Weird history: Back when it was “common knowledge” that women’s voices on radio were considered shrill.
- Lil Nas X has a new job: Chief Impact Officer at Taco Bell. You heard me.
- Paul McCartney has a new book featuring previously unseen Beatles lyrics. (Via Sean).
- The Fender Rhodes piano is about to make a comeback.
- Here’s an update on the karaoke songs being banned by the Chinese government.
- Aerosmith has moved everything over to Universal Music.
- Are you a collector music and other things? How do you stack up against this survey?
- Ted Nugent claims masks don’t work. And neither will this link to what idiocy he’s blathering on about.
- And then there’s this idiot.
- Corey Taylor of Stone Sour and Slipknot says that he’s “recovering well” from his bout of COVID.
- Rickey Medlocke of Lynyrd Skynyrd is back after his battle with COVID.
- Meanwhile, doom-rock legend Eric Wagner succumbed to COVID at age 62.
- There was a motorcycle in the mosh pit. Probably not the best thing to do.
- Lady Gaga on The Strip!
- How bad are things for Britney really? Her dad says “worse that we know.”
- The family of the duke Sting says ripped him off isn’t happy with him.
- Kristen Burke (ex-UMG) is the new president of Warner Music Canada, succeeding Steve Kane, who had been in the position for 20 years.
BONUS: Punny. (Via Tom)
More news? Check here.