If you listen to some people, they’ll tell you that AM/FM radio is dead. Nope. It’s still popular, powerful, and profitable. And if you need statistical proof, you can turn to Radio on the Move, a survey conducted by Signal Hill Insights earlier this year. Here’s what we know:
- When it comes to ALL audio, radio dominates with 39% of Canadians’ listening (yes, that’s down from 44% in 2021, a plague year, but still in first place).
- YouTube Music is in second spot (not Spotify?!?) at 14%, which is flat from a year ago.
- In third spot, ad-free streaming (i.e. Spotify’s free tier) at 13%, a jump from 9% from last year
- CDs and MP3s are fourth at 10% (down from 11%)
- Radio dominates in the car with 59% of listening by people 18+.