The science is in: Farts can make you go blind. Now that you’ve got that in your head, here’s some music news for January 21, 2022.
- The American radio payola scandal, take 1,448.
- More than fifty years after Jimi Hendrix died, his estate is at war with the estates of his Experience bandmates, Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell.
- Wait: There’s a CD revival now?
- If you’re a Bowie fan, you should probably take a look at this. (Via Sean)
- Hedley singer Jacob Hoggard’s sex assault trial will finally go ahead in May. The arrest and charge happened in 2018.
- Britney Spears’ father is a real piece of work. Look at this. And this.
- A Czech singer has died after catching COVID on purpose.
- A Toronto bar is opening a heated patio/live music venue this weekend. Yes, it’s still January.
- Cardi B has made a very nice gesture to the families who lost loved ones in a terrible fire.
- Robbie Williams is selling off three of his Banksy. (Via Sean)
- Taylor Swift has been named the first global ambassador of Record Store Day.
- Why don’t enough people seem to be interested in higher-quality audio?
- Interesting: The 100 most lost songs of the 90s.
- This what you can buy if you sell your song catalogue for big dollars.
- Google is building their own AI headset.
BONUS: Dude! No one needs the clicks that badly!
More news? Try here.