Published on July 12th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, July 12, 2019
It was on this day in 1962 that the Rolling Stones played their first gig. It was at the Marquee Club in London. As for music news for July 12, 2019…
- In my other life, I have a podcast called Geeks&Beats. We’re hoping to stage a big broadcast from CES in Las Vegas in January, so we’re begging for money.
- What’s a good playlist for when you’re receiving cancer treatment? Here are some ideas.
- Here’s an interview with Liam Gallagher. It’s about what you’d expect.
- It is estimated that Amazon Music Unlimited now has 32 million subscribers. A lot of that has to do with the explosive growth of Alexa devices.
- AC/DC’s Brian Johnson has a TV show. It’s coming this way.
- Gavin Rossdale recently had a creepy and very unwanted visitor at his house.
- Now AI is being used to categorize new music into genres.
- Tinder Lite.
- Lady Gaga now has her own line of beauty products.
- Taylor Swift, professional victim. Yes!
- Rogers Waters’ Us + Them concert film is coming to theatres.
- A full electric guitar that breaks down to fit in a backpack. Cool!
- The upcoming iPhone 12 could be the first to drop the notch.
- Embedding passwords in music? It can now be done.
- Rip streams from YouTube? Not anymore.
- Are you seeing strange charges from Spotify in your bank account? Better read this.
- The preliminary hearing into sexual assault charges Hedley singer Jacob Hoggard has begun.
- Mike Dirnt of Green Day just sold this house for US$6.6 million.