Published on September 6th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, September 6, 2019
Ex-Pink Floyd man Rogers Waters turns 76 today. Might be a good time to read this. Once you’re done, you can move on to music news for September 6, 2019.
- Flume. Dude. Really? In public? As part of your set?
- Great history here: The story of why some songs fade out.
- This AI startup wants to make streaming more like…radio.
- If you’re in Vancouver, you’ll know about The Town Pump. Here’s a history of that famous club.
- Interesting: The Pop Song Cemetery.
- Mac Miller’s drug dealer has been arrested in connection with the rapper’s death.
- More legal news: A judge has ruled that music videos by Tekashi 6ix9ine can be shown to jurors during his racketeering trial.
- A daily podcast for fans of astrology. I’m surprised it took this long.
- There’s a new podcast that focuses on women in music. Go here for more.
- What’s more annoying and dangerous than those electric scooters? These things.
- Rihanna is riding to the rescue of The Bahamas.
- Maybe you’re related to Justin Bieber, too.
- YouTube has removed 100,000 videos since implementing its new hate speech guidelines back in June.
- Because everyone needs a Tool/Tupac mashup, you need to click here. You’re welcome. (Via Christopher)
- New music from Adele? Sooner rather than later, apparently.
- Great advice for anyone in the radio business.