While music festivals are being canceled all across the UK, this swinger’s festival went ahead. What could possibly go wrong? Think about that as you go through music news for July 5, 2021.
- If you’re part of the #FreeBritney army, read this. Nothing is simple about Britney Spears and her conservatorship situation. See?
- Ed Sheeran thought about quitting music and moving to an island in Ghana.
- And can you imagine Fatboy Slim quitting music to become a fireman? It almost happened.
- Why do so many musicians seem to be broke? Here’s an explainer. (Via Gregg)
- Yes, there can be life after music. Look at what these musicians managed to do.
- This book on musicians looks interesting–and it’s being published in a different way.
- Wow. Bowie was crazy!
- Confused about Ontario’s outdoor concert and theatre rules? You’re not alone.
- Meanwhile, though, Ontario’s Boots and Hearts organizers are going to try something this summer.
- Time to line up some entertainment for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- Lil Nas X is killing it when it comes to merch through Roblox.
- Who knew that K-pop was so political?
- ABBA Gold, the band’s greatest hits collection, has been on the UK charts for 1,000 weeks.
- That’s a LOT of metal, Bruce.
- The best market for t-shirts? Metal fans, hands down.
- “Why is Tool so hard to love?” Discuss.
- Do shut up, Ted Nugent.
More news? Look here.