I know I shouldn’t really be doing any labour on Labour Day, but here I am with music news for September 6, 2021.
- Dinosaur J. has postponed some fall gigs over concerns about COVID.
- Meanwhile, Brann Dailor has been working on this book during COVID.
- Gene Simmons says he’s recovering well from COVID. He credits that with being double-vaxxed.
- Over the weekend, it was Drake 1 (at least), Kanye 0.
- China is cracking down on “effiminate” male celebrities. Not in keeping with the party line, apparently.
- Kanye West insists on not having “managers.” Instead, he as “advisors,” acknowledging he can’t be managed.
- Tom DeLonge had some...encouraging(?) words for Mark Hoppus upon learning that Mark has wrapped up his successful chemo treatments.
- If you’re a fan of Metallica, this is a good read…
- …and if you love System of a Down, check this out.
- Here’s yet another documentary on NIrvana, this time from the BBC.
- Barbie and Fender guitars together at last.
- Yeah, this is wasteful. And gross.
- Audi has a concept car that’s basically a living room on wheels.
- A “nipple incident?” Apparently.
- How about some metal played at 400 BPM? Here you go.
- Another astronaut is going to be a musician in space.
More news? Check here.