Published on January 19th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, January 19, 2019
I think I have cholera. Or typhoid. Maybe some kind of e.coli issue. Whatever the case, stay away from me today. Off to bed again, but first some music news for January 19, 2019.
- R Kelly was dropped by Sony yesterday. Finally.
- It just keeps getting weirder in the world of R Kelly.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Gladys Knight will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl.
- The new Michael Jackson sex abuse documentary has picked up international distribution.
- Can we draw a line between Carol Channing and hip-hop fashion? Maybe. (Via Tom)
- Apple may be working on a new iPod Touch for people too young to have a cell phone.
- At one time, Freddie Mercury, Elton John, and Rod Stewart apparently thought about forming a group together.
- How to maximize your productivity with music.
- Spotify now has astrology-related playlists.
- And Spotify reports that podcast listening on the platform is up 175%.
- One more Spotify note: Voice-controlled hardware for the car could debut as soon as the end of the month. And in India, too.
- Want to tour Russia? Vladimir Putin will pay for it!
- Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk have now been married for 20 years. Here’s a doc on their marriage.