Published on July 6th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, July 6, 2019
On this day in 1957, John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time at a church picnic in Liverpool. As for more recent music news…
- Drake has apparently offered Kawhi Leonard a piece of his OVO Records action if he resigns with the Raptors.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Canada needs a review of broadcasting and telecommunications laws. Here are some thoughts about what needs to be done.
- Is AI a good thing for music? Or is it the beginning of the end? Read this. (Via Lorna)
- There’s more on the Taylor Swift master recordings situation.
- The Church of Kanye: It is definitely a thing.
- Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings: Together again.
- Oh, Grace.
- They’re still cleaning up after Glastonbury, but things are much better than previous years.
- Taylor Swift, victim. Again.
- Another lawsuit involving Jay-Z.
- Fun timesuck: User Inyerface, all the worst web interfaces rolled into one.
- The Pirate Party, the political organization that grew from an effort to support The Pirate Bay, has seen a member elected vice-president of the European Parliament.
- Mariah Carey is unsure about earthquakes.
- New study: 69% of American smart speaker users use their device every day. And the thing they for which they use it most? Music.